Mothers' Union is a vibrant world wide Christian organization, with 4 million members in 80 countries. Our aim and purpose is to demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities world wide through the nurture of “Family” in its many forms. We do this by:-
- Supporting and promoting marriage: visiting wedding fairs with the display “Wedding - think Church”, and offering wedding preparation and post wedding marriage courses.
- Encouraging parents in their role to develop the faith of their children: Members are involved in Baptism preparation – all Baptism families are now receiving “Families First” the excellent by monthly MU magazine; Toddler group; Angel Voices; Tea Time Treats.
- Supporting our School's and Children's worker
- Strengthening our partnership with the world wide Church: prayer and practical action; Wheels Appeal; active links with MU Branch in Kigeme Diocese Rwanda (£500 sent this year for their project from the sale of cards).
- Promoting conditions in society favourable to stable family life: “Bye Buy childhood” campaign addressing the commercialization of childhood; Safer Internet and Parent Port.
- Helping those whose family life has met with adversity: Salisbury Women’s Refuge; Prison visiting; provision of holidays in a caravan at Rockley Park, annual holiday at Sidmouth; visiting the sick and elderly.
Here in Wareham we have an active Branch and are hoping a new group for younger Mums will evolve. Many of our members are very active in both Church and Community; we encourage one another in all our different responsibilities to live out our discipleship of Jesus in all we do.
We would love to share in more detail how you can become involved. Please contact Jeannette Guinness, Anne Smith or any MU member!